An exciting new brand has been launched for the Medina Valley to position the area as a diverse, accessible and naturally beautiful destination. A vibrant logo has been created and useful information compiled to celebrate the unique characteristics of the area. Medina Valley is made up of six parishes – Cowes, East Cowes, Gurnard, Newport, Northwood and Whippingham.
The brand has been developed for local organisations to support and enhance their marketing, and will be freely available to use. Graham Biss, from the Medina Valley Coastal Communities Team that leads the project, commented: “This is not a commercial brand, its purpose is to help raise the profile of the whole area and show what a fantastic destination this is. Now we hope that businesses will use this brand as part of their marketing.”
Text and other resources have been compiled based around five distinctive themes that highlight the rich and varied assets within the Valley:
• 10 minutes to tranquillity: This emphasises the proximity of natural beauty and the ease of getting around.
• Scenic hues of blues and greens: This focuses on the estuary, coast and natural environment.
• The Island’s Royal quarter: This covers the long established links with the monarchy, providing a particular focus on Queen Victoria.
• Industry and innovation: This highlights the pioneering maritime and industrial heritage, past and present.
• Your idea of fun: This summarises the recreational activities and entertainment available, on and off the water.
Will Myles, Managing Director of Visit Isle of Wight, said: “This area has outstanding potential and there’s such a variety of things to see and do, including spotting rare wildlife; relaxing, walking and cycling by the river; enjoying our amazing history and industrial heritage; and everything our county town has to offer. We wish this project every success.”
Notes for businesses:
• Medina Valley Brand Summary
• Medina Valley Brand Guidelines
The full Medina Valley branding toolkit is available from Natural Enterprise:
T: 01983 296244