Cowes Harbour Services (formerly Kingston Marine Services) based in East Cowes, Isle of Wight has a wealth of expertise and local knowledge gained from many years assisting with the delivery of marine and coastal works and projects, and is actively seeking new avenues of business.
Marine Services Manager for Cowes Harbour Commission, Jock Rafferty, said: “We have a dedicated and highly experienced commercial operations team and are now in a strong position to expand by taking the benefits of our marine services offer to new marine industry clients, both on the Island and around the Solent.
“We would welcome enquiries from local businesses seeking a reliable marine services contractor with a proven track record. Our team has specialism in a broad range of marine disciplines and this gives us the capability to take on diverse marine works and projects.”
Cowes Harbour Services can design, supply and position complete mooring systems, maintain harbour navigation and race mark buoys, carry out pontoon maintenance, salvage and towage, stores logistics, lifting and slinging, welding, fabrication, painting, escort and patrolling duties, transportation, berth repair, and a wide variety of other special projects.
Jock Rafferty added: “We are keen to establish new, lasting relationships with other local harbours, businesses and contractors in the Solent’s maritime sector. If you think that Cowes Harbour Services could serve your marine needs, or would like to find out more, then please do not hesitate to contact us, and we can arrange to come and visit you to discuss your particular requirements.”
Centrally located on the Isle of Wight at the Kingston Wharf base on the River Medina, East Cowes, Cowes Harbour Services has fast, easy access to the Island’s coastline and the central Solent area.
Detailed information on all services offered is contained within the new ‘Commercial Marine Operations’ brochure, available to view online: cowesharbourcommission.co.uk/marine_operations_portfolio.
Notes to Editors
Cowes Harbour Commission (CHC) delivers a range of commercial marine services to complement those available within the harbour and Solent area. CHC is self-financing and has a policy to invest in developing marine services that are strategically important for the harbour, and particularly where it is evident that other private sector parties are reticent to invest. Any surpluses from these marine service activities are then ploughed back to support the provision of harbour services, enable port developments, and deliver stakeholder dividends for the long-term benefit of all harbour users and stakeholders. They are also important in reducing the reliance on harbour dues. It is CHC’s policy to aim to deliver excellence in customer service satisfaction, value for money, and to ensure transparency in managing competition between CHC’s marine businesses and stakeholder businesses in accordance with MTP (Modernising Trust Ports) Guidance.
Cowes Harbour Services
Kingston Wharf, Kingston Road, East Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO32 6JS
Email: email@example.com (Commercial Marine Services)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Boatyard and Storage)
• Commercial marine services: Harbour maintenance and commercial marine contract service provider. Commercial units for lease.
• Harbour and river moorings : Annual licenced moorings; pontoon, pile, and swinging. Visitor moorings; swinging moorings, event moorings, and river pontoons, Trinity Landing and Town Quay.
• Boatyard: Extensive boatyard facilities, with 40t boat hoist. Onsite independent marine trades.
• Storage: The new Cowes Harbour Storage facility offers secure self-storage units for rental at the Cowes Harbour Services Boatyard.
• Fuel berth: Deep draught fuel pontoon on the River Medina, 200m south of the Chain Ferry.
Cowes Harbour Shepards Marina
Medina Road, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7HT
• Marina : Visitor and residential marina, dayboat sailing centre, and dry sailing facilities. Onsite Events Centre and independent marine businesses.
• Events Centre: The Sugar Store Events Centre is a unique waterfront events venue on the seafront at Shepards Marina.