4.16 m VHF: Channel 69 Report an Incident

News - 26/01/21

Visiting vessels to Cowes – changes from 1st January 2021

Following the UK’s exit from the European Union at the end of December 2020, new Border Force and customs regulations have come into force. Anyone who owns or is responsible for a leisure craft that sails to or from locations outside the UK is required to provide vessel, citizen, and goods documentation. The new rules on entering the UK from the European Union apply to EU/EEA citizens that do not already hold permission to enter or have an existing right of entry to the UK. 

All recreational vessels seeking entry to the UK must call the local Border Force Office for the relevant arrival location in order to be granted permission to enter the UK. You must also call the HMRC National Yachtline to make an arrival report for UK customs purposes and to declare your vessel status. UK customs rules are also changing, and international recreational vessel arrivals are advised to check the latest information on the UK Government website.

Further information with links to the relevant pages on GOV.UK can be found on the CHC website: Sailing To And From The UK.

See also Cowes Local Notice to Mariners No. 03(T) of 2021: UK Entry & Exit Formalities for Recreational Craft.